Saturday, March 19, 2011

sleep.

I have not slept this well in the last 5 years! I am going to bed early, and not waking up once throughout the night. It is amazing. I should back up...

For the last 5 years I have slept with my cell phone ringer on the highest volume concerned I would get a call even when I was not on duty. I would take calls (for the most part) at all hours of the day/night. I would leave work, only to go back to the halls later that night for numerous reasons (staff meetings, pass out cookies, just hang out). I would wake up to loud banter on the patio which often included fights and furniture being thrown/broken. I would wake up sweating or freezing just depending on the night. I would hear security lock up at 11pm, check the door again at 1 or 2am and then hear them open the door around 6am. I would hear someone struggle to unlock the ICC door like an alarm each morning. I am really not sure why they never learned how to open that door, but alas, I would just lay in bed and think I should help them open the door sometime so I didn't have to hear this each morning...but I never did.

Living at my parents, I realize how quiet life can be. I don't hear any of the neighbors outside, I don't fear a chair will come threw my window at any given time and the only thing that wakes me up in the morning is my alarm.

I knew I needed to get out of housing, but I didn't know how badly I needed out. I was definitely on auto-pilot and was not doing anyone any favors by staying in a job that made me physically sick.

I am really enjoying my job. I have a lot to learn and I am not sure how long I will stay at this job, but I am enjoying learning about the Community College system and the Distance Learning system.

more on my specific job later...when I figure out what I am doing!!

Miss everyone at SU....just not the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment