Monday, October 11, 2010

Is bullying a taught skill?

There was an article in the New York Times about little mean girls. These little girls begin bullying each others as young as Kindergarten. Mean girls often (not always...) come from mean moms. These moms are the ones bullying and gossiping with other moms on the playground while the little girls play and learn these skills. Why does putting someone down make you feel better about yourself? Why does making someone else feel as low as you do, make you feel better? or...does it?

I know I am a hypocrite for even asking these questions. I often find myself obsessed with talking about other people and the decisions they make with their lives, when in reality it has nothing to do with me, and I should have no negative opinions on the subject matter. But...alas, I do...

This is an inspirational website I found a few years ago. I like to look at it and challenge myself to be nicer and think of others and how words and actions make them feel.

So, have a wonderful day and remember to write LOVE on your arm!!

To Write Love on Her Arm (check out the vision and story): http://www.twloha.com/

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment