Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LOL

sometimes I seriously entertain myself. So, this is how it went ...

STORY #1:

I was creating my Dancing with the stars bracket at work (you know, just a normal day in the office) and I went to turn it in and I couldn't help but notice that my dear little friend, Amy, had selected Gavin DeGraw to GO ALL THE WAY. I was determined to get to the bottom of this, so I paid her a little visit in her cubicle.

Me: Listen, I LOVE Gavin DeGraw and all, but he is NOT making it till the end.
Amy: really, how sad.
Me: UM...did you watch the show?
Amy: No
Me: Wait, you have Melissa Gilbert leaving first?
Amy: Oh yea, I don't like her. She has got to go.
Me: I love Gavin DeGraw. He is so cute. I saw him in concert once.
Amy: really? that's cool
Me: Well, I mean I guess it was a concert, I mean he was on stage and we were in the audience.
Amy's cute little cubicle mate who was really trying not to judge our conversation: UM, yea, I would say that is a concert!!
Me & Amy: AHAAHAAHAHH


STORY #2:

So, it's the end of the month and I had to get my state inspection. I go to the gas station right next to work thinking I can just zip right through. There were only two cars in front of me, so I thought I was golden for my lunch break. 45 minutes later when I had not moved -- not one car had gone in, or come out -- I thought something must be up. The inspector came out and was talking to the car in front of me, then he came to me. He said there was an issue and the technician was working on it. He then asked if I wanted to leave my car. I immediately said yes! I was feeling guilty that I had already been gone 45 minutes and it was going to be another hour +. I said, great I work right up there (and I proceed to point in the general direction) I'll be back and I give him my keys. I walk away and I get half way to the office and realize ... I gave this guy no information about myself. I didn't give him my name, my phone number, nothing. Then I start to think, hmm did he even work there? I don't remember a uniform. He kind of appeared out of no where. Did I just hand my keys over to a stranger on the street? I felt weird going back, but I felt weird just going back to the office. But, I had to get back for a meeting. So I go in and google the gas station -- to my excitement -- 5 stars!!! So, I go to the meeting and can't get the sick feeling out of my stomach. I walk back about an hour and a half later praying the entire time that my car would be there! I walk over and see my car with the new sticker--inspection complete!!! YAY. I see the guy and he says "hello ford focus, come on in". I told him I was feeling a little strange that he had no information about me, but he said I shouldn't worry, he remembered me!

OY! My life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment