Sunday, March 6, 2011

my bad.

I had the best helpers yesterday! Sarah, Amanda and Jen all gave up their Saturday to help me load the cars and drive to my parents house. They then unloaded and helped me separate my stuff between the basement, my room and Marlee's room. We were able to get everything into my car and Jen's car which was so nice that everyone had a passenger (and a Sunny carrier). However, while we were packing up the cars, Amanda and Sarah noticed that my car's registration had expired...in November. Seriously. What was I doing in November that I totally forgot to get my registration renewed? I think what threw me off was the 10 and 11 on the sticker. Clearly I thought I had until October of 2011. So, I practiced my plea to the police if I was pulled over and we drove to Fairfax. Luckily there was no need to use my speech and we made it without being pulled over. I wanted to take a picture, but with all the commotion I didn't get one, and the registration has now been renewed. I was switching cars with my mom so I could have the bigger car for my big stuff so we had to get this registration debacle situated immediately so I was a law abiding citizen. Done and Done! Thanks Mom.

Sarah, Amanda and Jen saved my life! They were so helpful in every way I needed them to be. I could not have asked for a better day. It was not stressful in anyway (for me at least...hope I didn't stress them out!). I felt like we were not rushed and we just took our time, got everything in the cars and were on our way! Thanks Girls!!!


You would think from all the moving I did in my life, I would know how to pack. However, this is definitely false!! We always had movers, so I never had to pack!! This was a hard move! I'm glad I have some time and don't have far to go.

It is really sad to look around this empty apartment. It's even sadder that I took both my winter coats home because it is snowing! The rain has turned to snow and it is very cold out! Oh well--I have my vest. Guess that will have to do.

I am going to miss this apartment. It is such a cute and cozy home. I love the yellow walls, I love my bed, I love all my closet space. I love my oven that burns the back and under cooks the front! I love spying out the windows. I love the view of my car. I love being the sole resident of Cooley Hall.

Thank you again Jen, Amanda and Sarah. You are the best and mean the world to me. Thank you is not enough!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment