Tuesday, July 27, 2010

1 month of 30!

So now that I am 30, I am looking back on my life because 30 is NOT going well! I have fallen twice, lost my ipod nano (found), credit card (found), sunglasses (found after buying a new pair) and have been forgetting everything! Things are not going well. So, I am reflecting back on where I went wrong!

Notes to a younger self:

At 10 don't try to be so cool that you forget who you are, and who your real friends are. Read more and maybe focus a little more on what the teacher is saying and not what the cute boy in the back of the class is doing.

At 15, maybe try to be a little cooler! Enjoy high school and hang out with your friends as much as you can. Go to the beach more and maybe focus a little bit more on that cute boy! Don't worry so much about what others think about you, and focus on what you think about yourself. Be proud of yourself and stand up for what you believe.

At 20--learn to say no! and learn that just because you don't say no, doesn't mean that you said yes. Trust yourself and be proud of the decisions you know are right. Don't let others define who you are and who you are becoming.

And now your 30 year old self is looking back on your life and proud of who you have become. Still don't let others define you and try to tell you that you need a partner in life to complete you. A boyfriend isn't the end all be all, enjoy your independence and know that if you want to spend $200 on your hair or $1000 on a new macbook that you definitely don't need...you can! But maybe start to get a handle on your finances and don't just swipe that credit card because you can!

Ok I am going to try to enjoy 30 and not blame EVERYTHING on being 30!!
XOXO! Katie

2 comments:

  1. Because I love you... I will say that I agree with it all, except that part about saying No in college, I think that saying yes is amazing. Not that you have to do it every time, but still fun! You learn from all the mistakes, which on occasion, stem from YES moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 sounds exciting especially where you splurge on a $200 haircut, a $1000 macbook and an $8 ice cream in a cap.

    ReplyDelete